Monday 26 February 2007

Update on Mickels February 2007

8 February 2007

Last week our computer, PDA and camera got stolen, incl. information on the computer. It was on a Saturday, while we’ve been at Kam Siri, having one of the best Saturday ever. The kids were really keen on hearing a Bible story, gathering around me and N. told me that she bought a bible for herself, by her own initiative.

What else happened the last 2 month then?
'M.S.' got very ill. At one stage I thought she is dying. We took her to the hospital and she was diagnosed with TB, very contagious. For about 2-3 weeks I was sitting with her everyday, praying and holding hands.
She is much better now and asking for prayer everyday.

S. and C. are getting better still. We really have a lovely time together. He knows Jesus now, which is great.

9 February 2007

What an amazing day!! Last week ,at the flower festival I met JJ., a patient at the psychiatric Hospital . We talked and he asked me to visit him some time. This is an opener I’ve been waiting for for 2 years. I want God’s lead and not just go to an office and ask to do stuff, because I am a Christian. So, I went to see him. A lovely guy, who really believes in Jesus and wants to spread the message. He knew I don’t just come for him.

He told the staff and others about me. And also the head doctor of the psycatric hospital. She was waiting for me to meet and talk with a new patient from Switzerland . She wanted me to translate. So I went with her. It is in the wing, where people are strapped down, drugged up and get electric shock treatment.

Everything is bared up. Looks like a prison. So we talked with P. He is very confused and drugged up. In quite a mess real. Dr. K certainly encouraged me to come back and spend more time with him, any time. So is JJ!!
It looks as if God opened a door here today. I certainly want to bring the message of life to those desperate people and see what God is doing.
10 February 2007
What a great day at Kam Siri!! 6 Children gave their life to Jesus, after I told them the story about P. and his new life. So they wanted it to. I didn’t push anything. They just wanted him. A's vision about the youth club was right then. All the children will come to know the love of Jesus.
I certainly have to get a bunch of Kids bibles now and keep going with songs and telling bible stories. It certainly is God doing it, not me.

13 February 2007
I’ve been back to the psychiatric hospital today. I met JJ first and he told me to go back ,where I first met PA. and see what happens. So I did. Nothing happened . So I went a bit further and prayed for God to lead me to someone. Next I saw a ward, were everyone was shackled with iron chains to their ankles. F. told me later that the chain weights 3kg, so running is a bit difficult. Here prisoners get electric shock treatment and blood is taken. Then they go back to the prison. First I met a guy called
P., who has shock treatment every other day. We talked and I told him about Jesus, shared 1Cor.1:26-29 and Jn3:16-17. 2 other guys joined. One of them F.. His parents are Christians, but very poor. He recommitted his life today, knows he is forgiven , Jesus is with him and will never leave him.
Even the officers were very nice and don’t mind me at all to go and talk/pray with those guys. Next week I will visit him in prison, there e is only in the hospital for one day to take blood.
God really opened a door here.

No comments: